Tuesday, September 25, 2018

To love as you love


I hunger for a heart that pumps unconditional love, mirroring the love you give me so freely. 
A love that is patient, and kind in all things, Lord, I’m eager to see your people clearly. 
Give me your eyes and your heart for mankind, help me to not envy nor boast. 
Loving you fiercely and mirroring your heart, I long to be fully engrossed. 

Rid my heart of the pride I carry, allow me to yield without second guessing. 
An extension of your perfect grace, to all that I meet allow me to be a blessing. 
Strip me of my carnal self, to not dishonor you or others,
Break my habits that you deem self seeking, only eager to love my sisters and brothers. 

Give me peace to refrain from anger, meekly understanding all things
To truly forgive even when it takes effort, to love fiercely in all that life brings. 
Help me to protect my fellow man, guard their hearts as you guard mine;
Give me your heart to trust, hope and persevere, letting your unshakable love shine. 

No comments:

Post a Comment