Monday, April 13, 2015

A Case of the Mondays

    Ever have one of those Mondays where everything goes right? Where you are excited as heck to jump out of bed, kiss your significant other goodbye, and rush off to work gleefully whistling like a bird the whole way? .....Yeah me neither.

     Lately it seems as if my Mondays are approaching too quickly and I am increasingly exhausted with adult life. Why is that? Maybe I am not getting enough sleep. Maybe I am still figuring out who I am. Maybe I work too much. Or maybe I just need to change my perspective of things --I am leaning towards the latter.

     So, today is the day I decide to put on those rose colored glasses, even if only for a few moments a day, and observe the world through a new set of eyes. I decided that beauty is in all walks of life. It can be felt, seen, touched, and experienced daily. The only problem is that as human beings we rarely stop to notice it. I am so guilty of this, I get so worked up in my day to day life that I rarely ever stop to see just how amazing the world around me is. Well today I have endeavored to begin a new journey, an adventure in seeking beauty, really breathing it in and letting it affect me at my core. I have made it my goal to notice something abnormally beautiful daily and write it in my journal. Those observations I find exceptionally noteworthy I shall write about, because why not?!?

The world could use a bit more rose colored glasses placed on the noses of its beholders...don't you think?

For today, the beauty I found is derived from the following:

the struggle is part of the story.....I like this for a tattoo 

I want to encourage everybody who reads this, including myself, to remember that the struggle is part of the story. 
We all have a story, we all have a past.
We all have a history both grand and vast.
If hidden away and rejected as our own,
we may never fully reap what is sown. 
The trials, tribulations, and struggles we face
are there to shape us --they do have their place.
So worry not, because your soul is still forming,
its learning and changing, daily its growing.
Rest at ease, for a new day will arise,
simply let this struggle remain where it lies.
For in the end you will see that it changed you,
polished, perfect, and amazingly brand new. 

No comments:

Post a Comment