Friday, August 3, 2018

Welcome home

I never thought I would wish that I could simplify my brain. After all, I have always said that I was not blessed with talents for I was blessed with a beautiful brain. To some that may sound conceited, truly it is a pride that I have found in my intellectual nature. This intellect has pushed me away from many, it has caused me to be an outsider and to feel alone in this journey, but what is art if you don’t struggle for it.

Art. My thought patterns they are works of art. The world that plays out in front of my eyes, plays a film filled with innovation, insight, but mostly longing to understand and be understood. I guess that’s the struggle artists face too, they want their works to be understood. To impact someone in such a way that they are two people —before understanding said work of art and after. Not always is it a positive response that art ilicits, but at least it is always honest.

Will my brain ever be someone’s work of art? Will it’s true nature and intended messages be understood. I feel like I’m a piece in the art gallery that people look at for a brief moment but the compexity steers them elsewhere. On to simpler art. Easier to understand and relate to art. On to art that makes sense and does not address the dark parts of life. Art that is comfortable. I’d give anything to make you comfortable.

No comments:

Post a Comment